Early June Walk-about


I went for a walk around the front and back yards this morning and there's so much is in bloom! I just couldn't wait until GBBD on the 15th, so I'll show you some of the blossoms now.


It's true that raindrops on Ladies Mantle shine like diamonds in the sun.



A delicate white Columbine is close to a new, smaller "not-planted-by-me " neighbour!!



The Slender Deutzia bush is in full bloom under the Magnolia tree.



The peonies are starting to open.



 The perennial Bachelor's Buttons (Centaurea montana) are in full bloom.


Here is a wild columbine Aquilegia canadensis


My Weigela is starting to bloom.


And my herb pots are planted: thyme, rosemary, parsley and chives.

Speaking of herbs and food, check out my recipe blog! Latest post is Cajun Scallops with Roasted Red Pepper Pesto.