Daylilies in the spotlight


While we were on a 2 week vacation, I was wondering what had bloomed and what would be blooming when I got home. Well - the most prolific are the daylilies!!
The one above is a tetraploid that I've had for years - so glad it hasn't converted into a mediocre orange "ditch" lily (that happens sometimes…)

As I walked around the garden, I discovered a number of them blooming…


Here's another original from 25 years ago: 'Whimsical'




'Mateus' is a dainty striped beauty


My Dad gave me this one but I have lost the tag :(



'Jay' is almost burgundy in real life but photographs dark red


I have many Sweet Williams scattered throughout the yard


Platycodon grandiflorus (Balloon flower) is at its peak


Achillea 'Coronation Gold' are a strong yellow atop sturdy stems



Helenium (Sneezeweed) is like a yellow daisy


If you trim back Spirea 'Anthony Waterer' after blooming, it will bloom again in the fall!